Our client is looking for a Clinical Practitioner to provide professional counseling services to includes, but is not limited to, the diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional disorders, including addictive disorders; psychoeducational techniques aimed at the prevention of such disorders; guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups who are dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well-being. Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences. Examine issues as reported by client and asses for level of risk. Develop safety plans and refer to inpatient hospitalization if risk is deemed high. Help clients define goals, plan action and gain insight. Refer clients to psychologists and other services as needed.
1. Read, write, speak English and have a demonstrated knowledge of protocol and office etiquette.
2. Provide various types of clinical and administrative psychological evaluations for our client’s members, including, but not limited to, fitness for duty evaluations and Medical Readiness Decision Point (MRDP) evaluations.
3. Shall review behavioral health documentation, evaluate using psychological techniques, and monitor the behavioral health status of service members.
4. Shall maintain knowledge of and proficiency with the array of local, state, and national external behavioral health resources available to our client’s service members.
5. Shall demonstrate professionally effective verbal and written communication skills.
6. Shall deliver clinical paperwork, including entries into eCase, eProfile updates, completion of DA Form 3822, Standard Form 600, and other forms when required no later than five (5) business days following soldier contact.
7. Shall work with the assessment and tracking of behavioral health trends in order to identify problems and gaps in service and devise methods to improve and enhance the system. This will include the implementation, development and sustainment of behavioral health policies, procedures, and initiatives.
8. Shall serve as a resource for soldiers and unit commands regarding implementation of treatment recommendations and restrictions of Soldier activities.
9. When clinically appropriate, provide clinical case management services including assessment, intervention plan, referral, and monitoring of clinical progress. Shall assess the Service Member (SM) for his/her presenting issues; define an appropriate intervention plan; work with collateral agents (if applicable); conduct follow up with the SM and collateral agents; and consult with the SM’s supervisor/commander regarding duty limiting conditions (if applicable). Shall ensure accurate profiles are in place for service members with behavioral health difficulties. This requires compliance with all case management and clinical documentation requirements for case referrals.
10. Shall facilitate the prevention and education of mental health issues, early intervention, crisis response and post-incident recovery.
11. Shall possess computer skills with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and data entry skills sufficient to create and maintain clinical recording keeping duties.
12. Shall provide technical expertise to medical personnel toward identifying, evaluating, resourcing, monitoring, and determining dispositions for service members with behavioral health difficulties.
13. Shall prepare statistical and narrative reports of activities related to behavioral health within the Behavioral Health Program.
14. Shall comply with all case management and clinical documentation requirements as noted in the performance requirements summary.
15. Shall provide clinical consultations to command leadership to foster quality care and mission readiness while respecting HIPAA regulations and ethical standards.
16. Shall provide non-clinical consultations on a variety of behavioral health and wellness issues including elements of military or civilian life that do not clearly fit into a mental, behavioral, or emotional disorder, problem, concern or well-being framework, yet require the expertise of a behavioral health professional to assist in short term problem resolution.
17. Shall provide Traumatic Event Management (TEM) in accordance with (IAW) the Army TEM model.
18. Shall contribute as a primary subject matter expert to the WIARNG community on matters related to behavioral health.
19. Shall attend required staff meetings.
1. Ethical Conduct
2. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
6. Time Management
7. Communication Proficiency
8. Organization Skills
10. Technical Capacity
11. Customer/Client Focus
12. Teamwork Orientation
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position involves inside work with no exposure to weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
May be required to travel to support unit or organization at more than one location to in-process, obtain identification cards, and/or attend training.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s degree in counseling, marriage and family, social work or clinical psychology (LPCC, LMFT, LCSW).
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s degree in counseling, marriage and family, social work or clinical psychology (LPCC, LMFT, LCSW, Psy.D., Ph.D.).
Three to four years of experience working in community mental health.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. State license or registration to meet the requirements of a qualified mental health professional.
2. Ability to pass a pre-hiring drug screening test.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions.
5. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
6. Ability to work with a diverse population.
7. Ability to maintain accurate and complete records and prepare clear and detailed reports using computer technology.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Shall maintain a favorable suitability investigation during the term of the contract pursuant to the requirements of Army Regulation (AR) 25-2 and AR 380-67.