Job Description A Cyber Security Engineer has IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must be well versed in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Must have familiarity and experience in the implementation of cyber security regulations.
The Cyber Security Engineer will work with system owners to create their ATO packages, review artifacts for compliance and map those artifacts to the appropriate NIST 800-53 controls (specifically, CCIs). They will review control implementation statements for compliance with VA policy, work with system teams to review/update their POAMs and help system teams to navigate the eMASS GRC tool throughout each of the RMF steps. Perform activities that are closely aligned to the responsibilities of an ISSO.
• Deep experience with eMASS
• Thorough comprehension of the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Prior experience supporting system Authority to Operate (ATO) processes, and creating artifacts, control implementation details, and POAMs
• Thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 Rev. 4
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to facilitate meetings, analyze authorization documents and associated artifacts against authorization requirements to identify gaps, establish a schedule to address outstanding authorization requirements, and coordinate directly with system team stakeholders
• Able to work independently and in teams
• Able to work core business hours of 8AM to 5PM (EST), Monday through Friday
• Self-Starter; able to work in remote capacity
• HS diploma or GED and 18+ years of experience with systems security engineering or BS degree in CS, IT, or Engineering and 10+ years of experience with systems security engineering
Nice to haves-
• Experience with enterprise ATO reporting
• Artifact generation and review experience
• Ability to engage with varying degrees of staff/leadership
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
Experience: 10 years.8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.