A Cyber Security Engineer has IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must be well versed in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Must have familiarity and experience in the implementation of cyber security regulations.
As a Cloud Engineer on our team, you’ll build a secure, cloud-based communications network to support mission critical operations for the Veterans Administration. You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of various on-premise, cloud-based, and hybrid resources. You’ll work with cloud architects to inform strategy and architecture design. This is an opportunity to stay on top of the latest cloud resources as you lead efforts to prototype using multiple techniques and new technologies. you’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like DevSecOps while developing critical systems for the VA. Join our team as we transform government systems by taking advantage of cloud technology.
• Experience of federal IT and Cloud security policies, including FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST 800–53, and applying them to Cloud security architectures to include: Amazon Web Service(AWS) or Azure or Office365
• Experience with Cybersecurity events, including configuration analysis or vulnerability assessments
• Prior experience supporting system Authority to Operate (ATO) processes, and creating artifacts, control implementation details, and POAMs
• Experience with designing and implementing network security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection, encryption, monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and authentication
• Experience with the systems development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, integration, and implementation
• -Ability to obtain a security clearance
• -HS diploma or GED and 18+ years of experience with systems security engineering or BS degree in CS, IT, or Engineering and 10+ years of experience with systems security engineering
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of two or more of the following Cybersecurity tools: NMap, Tenable, Nessus, OpenVAS, Metasploit, Core Impact Pro, Burp Suite, or Nikto
• Experience with deploying and administering Web application firewalls, IPS and IDS, and next-generation firewalls
• Experience with deploying and administering Splunk or other SIEM tools, host-based security tools, including McAfee ePO, and vulnerability scanning tools, including Tenable Nessus
• Experience with implementing data at rest and data in transit encryption capabilities
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
Experience: 10 years. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education