A Cyber Security Engineer has IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must be well versed in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Must have familiarity and experience in the implementation of cyber security regulations.
Serve as a security analyst to implement detailed expertise in security disciplines and security principles, concepts, policy, and regulations. Identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues. Identify key concepts, factors, and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narratives or graphical reports. The analyst will work with VA system owners and ISSOs to assist with system security support and with VA leads to assist with SOP development, documentation reviews, providing security guidance on a range of issues in support of enterprise-wide stakeholders.
• Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM),
• Experience with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security controls, the Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) security documentation, eMASS, RMF, and security compliance processes
• Experience with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), ATO sustainment activities (e.g., PoAM reviews, Control Correlation Identifiers (CCI) analysis)
• Ability to work well in a team and as an individual contributor
• Be flexible during surge periods to support additional assignments and tasks
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• HS diploma or GED and 18 years of experience with cyber security or BS degree in CS, EE, Engineering, or Technology and 10 years of experience with cyber security
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to learn new subject areas and come up to speed quickly
• Experience with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA) preferred
• Existing Public Trust clearance preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
Experience: 10 years. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education