Key Role: Serve as an Information Security Engineer where you will assist in maintaining a platform of servers and supporting infrastructure environments. Specifically, the Information Security Engineer will provide the following technical support:
a. Monitoring and SLA’s: With the network monitoring solution keep to a strict 5 minute service level agreement for the clients servers and applications ensuring a 99% uptime of the platform.
b. Database Operations: Monitoring the successful completion of daily automated database jobs, including database backups, index rebuilds, and other scheduled jobs. Upon request of the government client, perform database restores as needed.
c. Hardware/software problem resolution: Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for hardware and software problems. Provide patching and updating services, rack/cable new hardware, manage firewall and network connections to hosts (including patching and performance tuning), replace failed hardware (servers, drives, network cards, etc.). Monitor communications systems continuously to include phone calls, VA email and VA instant messaging applications during business hours.
d. Backups: Assist with database restoration services when specific data sets are requested by government staff or when reconstituting the platform system as a result of a contingency plan.
e. Hardware Maintenance: Assist in applying firmware updates for all hardware including physical servers, SAN, Ethernet/Fabric Switches
f. Operating System Maintenance: Work with team members to apply monthly OS patches for Windows and Linux servers as well has vSphere ESXi updates
g. Software modifications: Provide software modification services to support operating systems, virtual machines and databases, to include any which may be necessary for general systems maintenance, such as backups and security configuration maintenance.
h. Routine and contingency services: Perform hardware, operating system, and software installation, reinstallation, and configuration management for routine and contingency purposes (e.g., disaster site recovery operations).
• 2+ years of experience with hosting services support
• Experience with virtualization environments and its underlying infrastructure including compute, storage, and Ethernet/storage networks
• Experience in managing hardware including physical servers, SAN, Ethernet/Fabric switches and how they are interconnected
• Proficiency in IP-based networking including TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, network troubleshooting and common network services.
• Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows Server including Active Directory environments, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VMware vSphere ESXi and how to connect to them
• Database platforms including SQL Server 2012, 2014 and Oracle 11g, 12c
• Monitoring a wide variety of devices using SNMP, SSH, WinRM
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• BA or BS degree
• Possession of excellent analysis skills
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
• Cybersecurity certificate program, or degree
Must be able to obtain