Required skills/Level of Experience:
• High School diploma and 3+yrs. of overall related experience; Associates and Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, CISCO, Juniper, F5 Load Balancers, BlueCoat Web Proxy, or Palo Alto Firewalls.
• General understanding of network topologies including BGP and OSPF protocols.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
Nice to have skills:
This position directly supports the DISA-provided JRSS capabilities and services in our 24-7 Global Network Support Center working in our JRSS NOC.
• Responsible for overall network engineering support for customer programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the DISA Enterprise Network.
• Solve routine technical problems following established procedures and policies• Work directly with Engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network related issues through monitoring, testing, and servicing network equipment.