• Ground Hardware Development Engineer for the JPSS program. Perform Hardware/Electrical Engineering design, analysis and testing of electronics and RF subsystems.
• Represent Hardware Engineering in development and evaluation of system architectures, designs, and interfaces that meet system specifications.
• Prepare and present hardware specifications and design analysis in program reviews. Participate in Trade Studies and Vendor/Product selection.
• Participate in engineering discipline process development and deployment on programs.
• Ensure organizational processes are followed and create program specific work instructions when necessary.
• Support may also include working with other organizations, coordinating common and efficient cross-factory environments (both hardware and software), tools, process, and methods.
• Responsible for assisting in trouble shooting the Space to Ground Interface, including RF equipment, antennas and processing equipment
• Responsible for working with team members to resolve operational issues in an urgent manner
• Responsible to create design documentation, perform reviews with team members and vendors, and follow program and corporate process
• Responsible to work with the team to create System Operating Procedures
• Linux experience BS degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in RF and Communications fields
• Experience with preparing statements that convey the fundamental characteristics of the design objective, creating and presenting reports Experience with writing and reviewing manuals, procedures, plans, specifications, engineering drawings and notebooks
• General knowledge of communication protocols, digital signal processing, RF signal types and levels
• General knowledge of common information system (computer) hardware interfaces Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point Must be familiar with Satellite Ground Station facilities and operations
• Periodic travel required to support upgrades at Ground Stations in CONUS and OCONUS
U.S. Citizenship status is required. No clearance needed but needs to have ability to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) to access government systems.
• Experience with RF/Baseband and signal processing design, development, and hardware testing Experience with analyzing system parameters to ensure requirements are met using analytical tools
• Experience with performing trade studies, recommending solutions and identifying potential vendors Experience with developing bill of material required to produce product and initiate the purchasing process and monitor progress Experience with collecting and reporting time and material estimates based on requirements.
• Requires a BS/BA degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4+ years of related work experience with emphasis in Electrical, Mechanical, Physics, Math (preferred);
• or *12+ years of commensurate experience in a related field for Space to ground Interfaces (SGI) will be considered for this role.