Website Gemini Staffing Group
Participate in the full development life cycle for software development programs including design of software components, developing code, updating technical documents, generating test plans, ensuring code meets requirements through unit testing, and resolving discrepancy reports.
• Develop technical designs and specifications for software products
• Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities
• Use software development technologies and tools to build, test, and maintain product modules, components, and subsystems
• Provide technical leadership to lower-level developers
• Provide product demonstrations and participate in trade shows and seminars
• Interact with customers, vendors and external development partners – Understand a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures
• Perform a variety of complicated tasks and use a wide degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish work
• Work with the technical lead, other developers, System Engineering and Test Engineering to participate in peer reviews and to ensure successful integration with other software components
• Work with minimal supervision/guidance
• Provide tradeoffs between reuse options, Operations & Management (O&M) implications, and cost/schedule/performance issues
• Support subsystem risk/opportunity identification
• Provide weekly status (technical and schedule) for tasks
• Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
• 4 or more years related to software development engineering in Java.
• A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
• 4 or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies.
• Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) skills
• Four or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture.
• A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
• Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
• Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as others)
• Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
• Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science
• Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
• Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies
Essential Requirements: US Citizenship is required.