The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company’s existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. This position requires US Citizenship. This position is located at the Raytheon offices in Riverdale, MD and will involve some travel to off-site locations for installations and maintenance work (up to 30%). The position requires the System Administrator to be on-call an average of one week per month and to have the flexibility to work occasional overtime when needed.
• 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration Windows server 2008/2016/Windows 10 Desktop support with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications.
• Expertise with Microsoft Active Directory administration, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, researching event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring.
• Proficiency with VMWare – administrators should have considerable experience with vSphere/ESXI and vCenter.
• Experience with the administration of systems in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Experience with scripting and infrastructure automation software and procedures.
• Experience with server hardware setup, configuration, support, and maintenance (HP preferred).
• Experience in the following areas: Patch Management, Anti-Virus, Symantec Endpoint/MacAfee, OS Upgrades
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
• Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
• Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
• Qualified applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, will be subject to a security investigation, must be able to obtain a NOAA Common Access Card (CAC) and pass a national agency check.
• Experience with VMWare vSAN, and Virtual Desktop infrastructure (VDI)
• Experience with Brocade and/or similar fiber SAN switch technologies.
• Experience with Active Directory Forest Domain management and Certificate Authority.
• Storage administration (IBM, HP 3PAR).
• Hands on experience working with Agile tools (example: Jira, Coherence, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Git) Linux Administration experience Experience with BigFix (fixlet creation, deployment and troubleshooting) Experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop.
• Experience using high availability clustering and load balancing.
• Experience with IP Addressing and Subnetting, VLANs, VPN tunnels, DNS, and DHCP.
University Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of four years of prior relevant experience.