Technically lead the execution activities of the SEIT Systems Engineers. The SEIT Execution Lead will oversee the execution activities and direction for System Architecture, Opscon, ICD, Requirement and Verification. Provides document review and resolves technical systems engineering issues. SEIT Execution Lead will help isolate execution issues and work with the various team to resolution. SEIT Execution Lead will also ensure proper engineering communication / coordination with the Product Development IPTs.
Attends technical meetings with team members and other program personnel and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project. This candidate must have the ability to demonstrate exceptional leadership and communication skills. In addition, demonstrate the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines. SEIT Execution Lead must Lead Engineering activities under cost and schedule constraints.
• 8+ years of relevant experience • Familiarity with the software development life cycle on government programs • Significant experience in at least one of the following System Engineering areas: requirements development, architecture development, operations concept development, functional analysis, interface definition, and verification & validation for Satellite Ground Systems
• Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
• Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight • Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
• Contribute to the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills.
• Travel to Aurora Colorado is required initially for training • Periodic travel to Aurora Colorado is required for team interaction / coordination
Experience with Ground Systems Operations • Experience with systems integration verification and validation (IV&V) • Systems engineering experience on a large Government software development contract • Experience working in a Satellite Mission Planning or Command and Control development or operations environment • Experience with executing Agile development programs • Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience required.