We are looking for several Ultrasound Technicians to performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed and proper methods of ultrasound techniques. Generates and produces diagnostic imaging using other ultrasound procedures: Echo Ultrasound; Vascular Ultrasound and Contrast Echo. Selects proper transducer and adjustment of equipment according to the needs required for proper diagnostic testing (subject organ(s) to be examined, depth of field, etc). along with other requirements for proper and productive testing.
• Explains the procedures to patients and address their concerns.
• Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
• Maintains equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements and industry standards, at least once a month.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate the utilization of computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Influences and creates SOPs for Ultrasound best practices.
• Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
• Assists with transporting patients to and from room.
• Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Travels to different office locations as needed.
• Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Vascular and General ultrasound. Credentials RDMS (Ab), RVS/ RVT
• Current Certification in Basic Life Support required.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience Required:
• At least four (4) years of direct ultrasound technician or related work experience required.
• Minimum two years working as an Imaging Technician preferred.
• Graduate of an accredited program for Ultrasound sonographers.
• Current RDMS. Must be registered and certified in RDMS (AB) or RVS/RVT